Search...

Google

Friday, January 18, 2008

Meet Gina!

I want to thank my girlfriend Gina for putting up with me.
I also want to share with you just how grateful I am to have met her.


Sometime in October, I was pouring over HotJobs.com, Inland Empire classifieds, and Craigslist in search of a job that might work for me. I had just been fired from a restaurant job...(I know, FIRED)..and didn't want to lose hope that there had to be a job where someone like me would "fit-in". The restaurant gig was fun, the hours pretty flexible, the tips were kinda cool, but the boss was....pretty controlling. (Micro-management and very little autonomy.)
I learned real quick that I just might be someone who needs to work alone...although I work really well with others. So I came across this ad...posted on Craigslist. I don't even really recall how I found it, or what category it was in.., but this lady, Gina was looking for someone to help motivate her.

To summarize, I answered, she accepted, we met, we tried it for 2 weeks....(which progressed into a few months) and it has been a major blessing for both of us. Here is what I love about it: The gift of helping someone else reach a goal, whether it be just forcing them to get out of the warm bed by knocking on the door, definitely "pays back" in a really big way. Yes, she pays me, but she also gives me this gift that nothing else ever has. I am able to share this positive effect, help someone else feel alive through exercise.

We meet 3 or 4 times a week, early in the morning. We kind of force each other to commit to ourselves. MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF, TREAT YOUR BODY, YOUR MIND TO THE GIFT OF EXERCISE!

I want to publicly tell her thank you so very much. You are a wonderful listener, a phenomenal person and a great strength to me each and every session. You have given me such confidence by "helping" you, an inner belief in myself that I had not tapped into. Thank you for continuing to teach me and for really making me 'bring-on my A-game'! You are so STRONG!
Check out her business! She is a wonderful, dear person. Thank you my friend!


Alison