Search...

Google

Friday, January 18, 2008

Weekend Training, ANYONE?

The Corona 5k, RACE FOR THE CROWN, is coming!
Last year was my first time participating in any kind of race...except for maybe grade school track meets! LOL! So, I registered to Power Walk and felt like I could really place. (you know, like 3rd or something.....) The personal experience was fantastic. I soon realized that it is more about the individual struggles and accomplishments and not really where you placed with everyone else. So, despite my 36th place in the "walking" category and a finishing time of 36 minutes, I felt like a champ.
This year I really want to shave some time off. I have built some stamina in the jogging department, but not really building on speed. I would just like for this year's 5k to be more comfortable....less like labor! Ha Ha!
So far, I have recruited my good friend Gina. (I think.) I am hoping that will give her and I a tangible goal for our workouts. We are working on our breathing. Can you believe how hard that can be to really reprogram your breathing? We are off to a great start...and encourage any of you to join us. It's like the biggest pat on the back that you give to YOURSELF for a change.
Hope to see you there.